Article Source:

Please visit the official page here: Delhi Police For North East Folks


I was invited by 4 of our NE sisters who were getting married again after traumatic phase of their life( two were left by their living together partners and one was divorcee from mainland man) to attend their marriages in different churches at Delhi as their elder brother and as witness in their holy sacraments.
I was happy that they are going to settle down again, during course of discussions with them, I found how our north east girls have no idea of legal marriage for their secure future.
This triggered my mind to upload following legal requirements before marriage by our north east girls at cities to avoid any problems in future.

– I have guided them how to go for legal marriage with documents/proof etc at marriage office at delhi after due process, even engaged one lady lawyer to assist them in their marriage.

-I warned our north east would be son- in -laws to take care of north east girls and to look after their children properly throughout their life.

– They disclosed me that there are many north east girls who are in relationship with foreigners / mainland men and they want to get married and they have no idea how to proced for legal marriage with foreigners and others, still continuing their relationships.

Therefore, I am uploading with procedures/formalities etc for marriage with foreigners and other Indians by our north east girls in cities.

– REQUEST SHARE WITH ALL YOUR FRIENDS, RELATIVES, ASSOCIATES, FAMILY MEMBERS through social media forums to help our people.

Yours sincerely. .

IGP Robin Hibu IPS
Nodal Officer for North East People


Question. 1. What documents are required for Registration of Marriage?

i). Application form completed in all respect and signed by both Husband & wife.

ii). Proof of residence (Voter I-Card/Ration card).

iii). Separate affidavit in prescribed format from Husband & Wife.

iv). Date of birth proofs of both parties (10th Class certificate, Date of birth certificate).

v). Two passport size photograph of Husband and Two Passport Size Photograph of Wife and one photo of marriage.

vi). Marriage invitation card if available.

vii). Original copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.

viii). In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, and conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage (in case of Hindu Marriage Act).

ix). In case applicant is a foreign national, a NO Objection Certificate in original from the concerned high Commission to be submitted along with the application form.

x). If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.

xi). One witness of Gazetted Officer (Gazetted Officer should bring Official Seal and Officer Identity Card).


Question. 2. Where to apply?

a). You can approach to the O/o the ADM of your area or you can also approach to the concerned O/o the Deputy Commissioner during 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM on any working day.
b). You can also APPLY ONLINE.

Question. 3. What is the Response time?

Marriage Registration certificate is issued within 7 days.

ALSO ADVISE THEM TO INVOLVE THEIR COMMUNITY LEADERS AT CITIES, CHURCH MEMBERS, PASTORS, and Delhi Police Special Unit for North East Region as witness in their marriages.

Add Comment